Tokyo Olympic Silver Medalist Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Biography: Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Biography, India’s Silver Medal in Tokyo Olympics, Common Wealth Gold Medalist (Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Biography), Medals, Records
Why is Mirabai Chanu in the news?
Mirabai Chanu is an Indian athlete who made India proud by winning the first medal at the Tokyo Olympics 2020. Mirabai opened India’s account at Tokyo 2020 by securing a silver medal in the 49kg category of weightlifting. The whole nation is heartily congratulating him for this brilliant performance and raising the name of the country.
Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Biography In Hindi (Saikhom Mirabai Chanu biography of)
|Real Name||Saikhom Mirabai Chanu|
|Nick Name||Mirabai Chanu|
|Age||27 years (2021)|
|Date of Birth ( DOB )||08 August 1994|
|birth place (Birth Place)||Imphal, Manipur, India|
|home town ( Home Town )||Imphal, Manipur, India|
|Famous For||weight lifting|
|Religion ( Religion )||Hindu|
|Amount ( Zodiac Sign )||not known|
Mirabai Chanu Height, Weight and Body Measurements
|length||In centimeter- 149
In inches – 4′ 11″
|weight||in kg- 48
In pounds – 105.8 Lbs
Weight Lifter Mirabai Chanu Wiki (personal information)
Mirabai Chanu was born in the village of Nogpenk Kakching in Imphal, a city in the east of Manipur state. 08 August 1994 happened on. According to this, his age in 2021 is only 27 years. Mirabai has also completed her education from this.
Mirabai Chanu Career ( Mirabai Chanu career)
Initially, Mirabai’s dream was to become an archer, but by class 8, her focus shifted from archery to weightlifting, mainly due to the mention of famous weightlifter Kunjarani Devi in a book, which was from Imphal Manipur and Indian She was the most influential woman in weightlifting history. Let us tell you that no Indian woman has won more medals in weightlifting than Kunjarani Devi.
Since then, Mirabai has decided to take her as her ideal and now she has to lift the weight. Mirabai used to bring wood from the mountain to burn in her village since childhood, due to which she had a lot of experience in lifting weights. After that Mirabai has made not only Manipur but the whole of India proud by performing slowly. Be it the Commonwealth Games or the Olympics, India’s victory flag has been hoisted everywhere.
Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Medals & Records ( Mirabai Chanu Medals and Records)
Mirabai has made many records in her name only at the age of 27, whose information is given below-
- 2014 Mirabai won the silver medal in the 48 kg weight category at the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
- 2016 Mirabai, unfortunately, could not get any medal in the 2016 Rio Olympics but got the gold medal in the 12th South Asian Games held in Guwahati in the same year.
- 2017 Mirabai won the gold medal in the women’s 48 kg weight category in the 2017 Weightlifting Championships.
- 2018 Mirabai Chanu won India’s first gold medal in the women’s 48 kg weight category at the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- 2021 Mirabai won India’s first medal in the 2021 Tokyo Olympics 2020 when she won the silver medal in the women’s 49 kg weight category and got her name written in the pages of history in golden letters.
Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Awards
- Mirabai Chanu has been awarded the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- Mirabai Chanu has also been awarded the Padma Shri award.
- Due to her excellent performance in sports and raising the name of the country, the Chief Minister of Manipur had provided an amount of 20 lakhs to Mirabai Chanu as an incentive, so that she could strengthen her preparations without any hindrance.
Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Coach
In weightlifting, Mirabai was previously coached by Kunjarani Devi, who herself has represented India in weightlifting. Kunjarani Devi is also from Imphal Manipur and under her guidance, Mirabai Chanu won the gold medal in Commonwealth Games. Currently, Mirabai’s coach is Vijay Sharma and under her guidance, Mirabai Chanu has won the silver medal in Tokyo Olympics 2020.
Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Images (Photos of Mirabai Chanu)
Note:- All the images shown in this article are taken from Mirabai’s Instagram account.
Suhani Shah connect on social media
In this article, we have discussed Indian Weightlifters and Olympic Silver Medalists. Mirabai Chanu We hope that you would have liked this information, and if we have missed any information or you feel that something new can be added, then we welcome your suggestions.
FAQs related to Mirabai Chanu
Who is Mirabai Chanu?
Answer- Mirabai Chanu is an Indian athlete who does weightlifting.
Mirabai Chanu is from which state?
Answer- Mirabai Chanu is from the state of Manipur.
How old is Mirabai Chanu and when was she born?
Answer – Mirabai Chanu was born on 08 August 1994, and now she is 27 years old in 2021.
Which medal has Mirabai won in Tokyo Olympics 2020?
Answer – Mirabai Chanu has won a silver medal in the 49 kg category in Tokyo Olympics 2020.
Mirabai Chanu is related to which sport?
Answer – Mirabai Chanu does weightlifting.